Sunday, October 3, 2010

God of my night - new verses

Remember this worship song I'm working on? I've written two more verses. Comments / suggestions for improvement are welcome. Hoping to post a video demo soon.



1. God of my night, God of my day
You are my light, You are my way
Whenever I reach for You,
You will answer me
You will lift me from despair
My comforter, my counsellor
my Saviour and my friend

2. Sometimes I fall, sometimes I stray
Hiding my face, running away
But Father, You search for me, You rescue me
You surround me with Your care
Protecting me, correcting me
My Saviour and my friend

3. Open my eyes, show me Your way
Help me to love, teach me to pray
Forever I'll cling to You
I will follow You
and Your mercy I will share
For You are my security
My Saviour and my friend.

2 comments:

  1. Looking fwd to hear the song and completed verses.You ask for suggestions....will make one altho you are probably working on same idea: .......accept my (these) song(s) of praise
    I will sing...to thank you all my days
    Open my heart and mind to know you more........
    Comment on yr 2nd verse: depending on the music perhaps yr 3 requests would sound stronger :
    But Father. You search for me, rescue me, surround me with your care or You search for me, You rescue me, You surround me...... Cheers
    Michael.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew....looking fwd to the music and completed verse(s). You ask for suggestions - here are two altho you hve probably already thought of both:
    ........accept my humble songs of praise
    That I may/will sing with thanks to you all my days......
    2nd verse depending on the music perhaps yr 3 requests would sound more emphatic ....You search for me, You rescue me, You surround me......that is missing out the "and".
    Michael

    ReplyDelete